Republican Candidate for President
A Trump Administration will develop an America First energy plan. Here is how this plan will make America Wealthy Again:
- American energy dominance will be declared a strategic economic and foreign policy goal of the United States.
- America has 1.5 times as much oil as the combined proven resources of all OPEC countries; we have more Natural Gas than Russia, Iran, Qatar and Saudi Arabia Combined; we have three times more coal than Russia. Our total untapped oil and gas reserves on federal lands equal an estimated $50 trillion.
- We will become, and stay, totally independent of any need to import energy from the OPEC cartel or any nations hostile to our interests.
- At the same time, we will work with our Gulf allies to develop a positive energy relationship as part of our anti-terrorism strategy.
- We will use the revenues from energy production to rebuild our roads, schools, bridges and public infrastructure. Cheaper energy will also boost American agriculture.
- We will get the bureaucracy out of the way of innovation, so we can pursue all forms of energy. This includes renewable energies and the technologies of the future. It includes nuclear, wind and solar energy – but not to the exclusion of other energy. The government should not pick winners and losers. Instead, it should remove obstacles to exploration. Any market has ups and downs, but lifting these draconian barriers will ensure that we are no longer at the mercy of global markets.
A Trump Administration will focus on real environmental challenges, not phony ones:
- We will reject Hillary Clinton’s poverty-expansion agenda that enriches her friends and makes everyone else poor.
- We’ll solve real environmental problems in our communities like the need for clean and safe drinking water. President Obama actually tried to cut the funding for our drinking water infrastructure – even as he pushed to increase funding for his EPA bureaucrats.
- American workers will be the ones building this new infrastructure.
Here is my 100-day action plan:
- We’re going to rescind all the job-destroying Obama executive actions including the Climate Action Plan and the Waters of the U.S. rule.
- We’re going to save the coal industry and other industries threatened by Hillary Clinton’s extremist agenda.
- I’m going to ask Trans Canada to renew its permit application for the Keystone Pipeline.
- We’re going to lift moratoriums on energy production in federal areas
- We’re going to revoke policies that impose unwarranted restrictions on new drilling technologies. These technologies create millions of jobs with a smaller footprint than ever before.
- We’re going to cancel the Paris Climate Agreement and stop all payments of U.S. tax dollars to U.N. global warming programs.
- Any regulation that is outdated, unnecessary, bad for workers, or contrary to the national interest will be scrapped. We will also eliminate duplication, provide regulatory certainty, and trust local officials and local residents.
- Any future regulation will go through a simple test: is this regulation good for the American worker? If it doesn’t pass this test, the rule will not be approved.
Policy decisions will be public and transparent. They won’t be made on Hillary’s private email account.
We’re going to do all this while taking proper regard for rational environmental concerns. We are going to conserve our beautiful natural habitats, reserves and resources.
In a Trump Administration, political activists with extreme agendas will no longer write the rules. Instead, we will work with conservationists whose only agenda is protecting nature.
From an environmental standpoint, my priorities are very simple: clean air and clean water.
My America First energy plan will do for the American People what Hillary Clinton will never do: create real jobs and real wage growth.
According to the Institute for Energy Research, lifting the restrictions on American energy will create a flood of new jobs:
- Almost a $700 billion increase in annual economic output over the next 30 years.
- More than a $30 billion increase in annual wages over the next 7 years.
- Over the next four decades, more than $20 trillion in additional economic activity and $6 trillion in new tax revenue.
The oil and natural gas industry supports 10 million high-paying Americans jobs and can create another 400,000 new jobs per year. This exploration will also create a resurgence in American manufacturing — dramatically reducing both our trade deficit and our budget deficit.